Making big size polygon object & test projection


I did 3d modeling in Maya and export in Pepakura.



And unfold the 3d model in Pepakura


I printed it as A0 size. Because default printing A0 paper is too thin, I used 200g thick kent paper (788x1091) which is slightly smaller than A0.
Then I cutted and folded paper.



This is the 3d object in real.



Next, I projected into this obejct and drew guide dots in Power point. Through the dots, I drew line map in Illustrator and reprojected the map into the object like below.
From this scene, I can guess how it look when I add animated texture.

And import map image in Maya camera view then modify the camera view to fit the map and model. It can not be perfect, so there is a chance to modify the model slightly. This step is needed to synchronize Maya camera and real projector.










Mapping test shot